Saturday, June 29, 2019

I'm back! Now with more pocket data! (AKA the Spreadsheet of Pockets)

It has been just over a year since my last post.  However, I am back, and with new ideas!  I have decided that it is too much work, in between the gardening and dog walking and knitting and working and everything, to do detailed entries for all pockets.  So, instead I present the Spreadsheet of Pockets!


I will gradually go through my previously posted pocket measurements and add them.  The glory, however, of this approach, is that you too can enter your pocket measurements!  It's not on me to buy all the pants/skirts/dresses in the world to measure and document their pockets.  Crowd-sourced pockets, as it were.

Here is the survey form that allows you to enter your data.  I decided data entry for all pockets on a given item would likely be a barrier to use.  Certainly for me it was and I started this blog.  I mean, the whole idea here is that our clothing should stop interfering with our full enjoyment of life.  Anyhow, I ask how many pockets exist overall on the clothing, and then take measurements only for the front two pockets, left and right, as those are pretty standard.

Now that the great backlog of new pockets is going to be easier for me to enter, I will resume normal posting of pockets around the web on a weekly-ish basis.  Sometime in the next week or two I will also post a diagram of what the measurements mean, in case they are unclear from my methods in previous posts.

Yay pockets!  Meanwhile, please let more know if you have questions or comments about the spreadsheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment